South Middle School Covid-19 Plan
- Students who are in the building will run a staggered bell schedule and will attend all 8 class periods Monday thru Thursday.
- Students with the last name A-K will attend on Monday and Tuesday and students with the last name L-Z will attend on Wednesday and Thursday. Please refer to the school calendar for shortened weeks and when your student should be in school.
- Students will check in daily for attendance through the synchronous instruction, class work and a variety of communication methods. Synchronous instruction is live instruction through video.
- The students will enter the building through the front doors by the office. The loop which was a drop off lane will be closed for the safety of our students. Kids may enter at 7:35.
- The students will Grab and Go Breakfast from café
- The students will go to their locker and retrieve their computer from their 8th hour teacher. If they are in the annex for 8th hour the doors in the science hallway, north annex, and band area will be open at 7:40.
- First period will begin at 7:50.
- Late students will have an opportunity to get a grab and go breakfast until 8:30.
- Every hallway and stairwell will have tape down the middle to ensure students are staying to their right.
- Signage will be placed throughout the school.
- In Level 1-2 the bell schedule has been changed to stagger the students in the hallway between classes.
- Staff will be in the hallway to monitor students.
- At Level 1-2 the students will wear masks in the hallway.
- One class from each core will be dismissed early to start through the lunch line. The teacher will escort these students to the lunchroom.
- Grade levels will eat at the same time. Students will enter the lunchroom through the north doors and exit the lunchroom through the south doors.
- Masks will be worn in the lunchroom until the student is sitting in their seat with their food.
- Students will eat their lunch. When a student is finished, the student will go out to the courtyard. All students will go out to the courtyard when finished (weather permitting).
- Social distancing marks will be placed in the serving line.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be at the entry of each serving line.
- Students will verbally provide the kitchen staff their lunch code and name.
- The tables in the courtyard will be available for students to use to eat their food outside (weather permitting).
- Students will be dismissed one minute early by cores. Weeks (Monday) that start with an even number core 62, 72 and 82 will be dismissed early. Weeks that start with an odd number core 61, 71 and 81 will be dismissed one minute early.
- Students are to use the closest exit.
- Students are not allowed to congregate in office lobby or by the gym area. Students must be out of the building by 3:05, unless if they are with a staff member.
- The loop in front of the school will be closed after school for safety of the students.
Early pick up from guardian
- Parent/guardian will use the video intercom system at the front door to check out their child.
- Office staff will sign the child out.
- Parent/guardian picking up the child will need to provide photo identification using the camera.
- Staff will be encouraged to use alternative settings for instruction. Ex: cafeteria, courtyard, outside.
- Students will sanitize their hands 1st period, 3rd period, 5th period, during lunches, and 7th
- Students will be required to follow a “virtual” bell schedule that is consistent with the school day. Bell schedule is below.
- Staff will have a combination of synchronous and asynchronous learning and is scheduled below. Synchronous instruction is live instruction through video. Asynchronous instruction is instruction that is not
- Students are required to check in daily for attendance and be present for synchronous instruction. Attendance will occur during synchronous and asynchronous instruction. Attendance can be taken through video, class work and a variety of communication methods.
- Synchronous learning in content areas are split between different days to reduce the amount of screen time for a student during the day. Staff may have additional synchronous learning days for students to attend.
|English Language Arts||Asynchronous||Synchronous||Asynchronous||Synchronous|
|EEE Math||Math assistance||Synchronous||Math assistance||Asynchronous|
|EEE Reading||Synchronous||Academic Assistance||Asynchronous||Academic Assistance|
- Teachers will hold office hours on Zoom on Fridays.
|Encore||8:00 – 9:00|
|Math & EEE Math||9:00 – 10:00|
|English & EEE Reading||10:00 – 11:00|
|Science||11:00 – 12:00|
|Social Studies||12:00 – 1:00|
|Special Education||1:00 – 2:00|
- Students are required to check in daily for attendance. Attendance will occur during synchronous and asynchronous instruction. Attendance can be taken through video, class work and a variety of communication methods. The teacher will let the students know their expectations for Fridays.
|Level 1-2 Bell Schedule
|7th Grade||6th Grade|
|Daily Time Schedule||Daily Time Schedule||Daily Time Schedule|
|Period 1: 7:50-8:37||Period 1: 7:50-8:38||Period 1: 7:50-8:38|
|Period 2: 8:41-9:28||Period 2: 8:42-9:28||Period 2: 8:42-9:27|
|Period 3: 9:32-10:18||Period 3: 9:32-10:17||Period 3: 9:31-10:18|
|Period 4: 10:22-11:07||Period 4: 10:21-11:08||Period 4: 10:22-11:08|
|Period 5: 11:11-11:35||Period 5: 11:12-11:35||Period 5: 11:12-11:35|
|Period 6A (Lunch): 11:39-12:09||Period 6A (Lunch): 11:39-12:09||Period 6A (Lunch): 11:39-12:09|
|Period 6B (Lunch): 12:13-12:43||Period 6B (Lunch): 12:13-12:43||Period 6B (Lunch): 12:13-12:43|
|Period 6C (Lunch): 12:47-1:17||Period 6C (Lunch): 12:47-1:17||Period 6C (Lunch): 12:47-1:17|
|Period 7: 1:21-2:07||Period 7: 1:21-2:07||Period 7: 1:21-2:06|
|Period 8: 2:11-2:57||Period 8: 2:11-2:57||Period 8: 2:10-2:57|
|If Monday is even, even cores dismissed one minute early||If Monday is odd, odd cores dismissed one minute early|
|Example: Monday Sept. 14 Core 62,72 and 82 will dismiss early||Example: Monday Sept. 7 Core 61,71 and 81 will dismiss early|
Level 3 Bell Schedule
***Home room (11:12-11:35) will be used for teachers to contact students/parents.
|Daily Time Schedule|
|Period 1: 7:50-8:38|
|Period 2: 8:42-9:28|
|Period 3: 9:32-10:18|
|Period 4: 10:22-11:08|
|Period 6: 12:29-1:17|
|Period 7: 1:21-2:07|
|Period 8: 2:11-2:57
When students are quarantined, students will receive core subject (Math, English, Social Studies, Science) instruction with two possibilities. Teachers will communicate with students with the options.
- Core subject area teachers may invite student to participate in the DL instruction if instruction is consistent between DL and in person learning. Instruction may be given from a different staff member that is doing DL.
- Core subject area teachers may invite student to be part of a live Zoom session during a period of the day, or the instruction will be recorded and posted on Google Classroom or emailed directly to student and parent.
Encore & EEE subjects
- Encore and EEE subject teachers are posting instruction on Google Classroom for student to complete.
Other procedures that are being used in addition to the previous.
- Additional Zoom times being scheduled during the week and Friday’s to provide further instruction.
- Emails sent to students and parents with further instruction
- Calls home to give further instruction or answer questions
- Encore subject teachers are posting instruction on Google Classroom for their classes